Sunday, March 8, 2009

Seems To Be A Trend Around Here

We took my car in on Saturday to the shop to have it looked at because it has been chugging and starting really hard pretty much every time I drove it. The engine was just taking forever to turn over and it wasn't running very smooth. So, I sacrificed a morning of dress shopping and brought it in (the dress shopping is a whole different can of worms, let's just say it has been pretty much impossible for me to find anything). The guys had my car for about 3-4 hours and could find nothing wrong with it. Absolutely nothing. And guess what?!!? It hasn't had any problems since we got it home. It will probably start acting up tomorrow though. That would be just my luck.


Keeping with the same trend, I got my blood work test results back on Wednesday and guess what??? I'm normal. Relatively speaking, I guess. So we are back to square one on why I am losing weight. All my counts came back normal, CBC and all the calcium and other mineral tests they ran (like 50 boxes were checked on the order) and I don't have any infections. My thyroid is dying a slow and painful death, well, it's really not a painful death at all, but it is a slow one. Apparently it's not even to the point that we need to worry about - I mean, I'm still losing weight and all. Seeing as I didn't even know what the thyroid really did before all this, I think I'm going to miss it when it's gone. And I think Dr. High Heels is going to let me live with a non-working thyroid for a while so I can gain some weight - she would totally do that to me. Okay, maybe not, but I'll bet you she's thought about it! 

I realized today that I never posted any pictures from Mardi Gras, so I'll have to get on that tomorrow.

OOOH...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the most amazing husband EVER! For real.

0 comments: