Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another One Down and Only Sixteen Left

Well we (Stephanie) made it to the halfway point. Man does it feel good too. In sixteen more treatments I guess we will probably have THE scan, it's scary and relieving to think about, all at the same time. I for one am welcoming the end of treatments as the time when Stephanie will finally begin to truly heal from the treatments. It sounds funny having to heal from the thing that is curing you. I will admit to being somewhat surprised with the ease with which we obtained the medicine for thrush. I asked Stephanie later why you would go to eight extra years of school to have someone call you and tell you what's wrong with them so you can call in a prescription. I guess the medicine probably doesn't have bad side effects so he was ok with not necessarily seeing us and trusting us to call back if we had more/other problems.



I am very pleased and happy with the way everything is going at this point. We expect the effects of the radiation to get worse, but Stephanie is pretty tough and I know she can handle it. I like all three of doctors, though they all have very different "bedside" mannerisms. As Stephanie said before, Dr. Fields is definitely down to business without much in the personal area. Yesterday wasn't typical, but at the same time it wasn't surprising either. However, if either Dr. Pou or Dr. Bienvenu had done that I would have been jaw dropping shocked to be honest. Dr. Pou is all very much down to business, but in a much more personal way, she truly treats the patient (and family) not just the disease. Dr. Bienvenue is certainly all about making sure he has done everything he can and written every prescription he can to make sure everything he does to you is mitigated as much as possible. I don't think we could have a better combination for Stephanie's (and my) personality. As I step back to look at the entire situation, we have truly been provided for in ways that boggle one's mind. We truly serve a Good God.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stephanie and Warner, Half way done with treatment! YEAH! Although I don't know you personally, I can sense the love you have for each other! God is also a humongous (is that really a word?) part of your lives as well! Just keep your eyes upward and know that God will take you through this. Oh, and we are praying for you in Arkansas! Cindy McLean

Anonymous said...

Yes Cindy That is a word! I truly believe God has you where he wanted both you and Steph - near her family (thank you Willbros!) and my goodness your medical care has truly been a gift - yes from you know who. You two were clearly put there for a reason and not only is Steph tough (never complains) but you Warner have truly been an inspiration - I am so very proud of both of you and I love you both so much......Mom/Mil/sksb

Todd Stewart said...

Warner,

This is the first time we have commented but you know that we are praying for you and miss you guys dearly. I can not wait until you and Steph are back here in Sand Springs just a few houses down. We miss our Guitar Hero and Burger nights. Give Steph a hug and tell her that her boyfriend Jackson misses her.

Todd

Anonymous said...

guess what

you'll never believe it

i'm dogsitting this dog (obviously) who is just as double jointed as ruekie

crazy i know

at first i thought that i was imagining things

but i wasnt

this dog is so cute!!!