Friday, July 11, 2008

Shortenin' Bread

We went out to dinner last night to The Cabin to celebrate Lance and Carey's birthdays. My food was okay, it was overcooked so I couldn't eat some of it, okay, most of it, but the red beans and rice that came with it were great! There was also a cake for them, and you all know how much I.LOVE.CAKE! Well, Mama's little baby may like shortening bread, but she definitely does not like sticking her hand in the Crisco jar, and that is EXACTLY what the cake tasted like to me. Yeah, there was absolutely NO taste what.so.ever. Please come back taste buds (the sweet ones, the salty ones are already working over time).

I have no other news to report except I have two and a half weeks left of treatment. Mom and I went shopping a little bit today at Perkins Rowe (we hit two stores) and then we went to Gap at the outlet mall. So I'm pretty worn out tonight but that's okay because it's the weekend and I don't have to wake up early tomorrow! Oh well, just a quick update. I'm going to go watch my crazy mutts run circles around the house now.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

I'll be praying that your taste buds (sweet buds) come back soon.
I "kind-of" know the yucky feeling not to have your taste buds working right. I had been sick for a couple weeks, and my taste buds were all messed up. In my head I could taste everything wonderfully, but then the actual taste was gagging!!! But I'm better, and I'm going to pray that your taste buds will be back to normal soon.
:-)

BTW..... I LOVE your flower pictures. I just plain LOVE flowers. Nothing shows God's handiwork better than one beautiful bloom. It's a reminder that He's always there.

Love ya much,
Diane
:-)

Paula said...

miss you miss you miss you

Anonymous said...

We hope you get your taste buds back soon. We will add that to the things to pray about for you.

Kerwin and Vicki