Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We're Down To One Hand!



First things first, 5 treatment days left!! Which means, by the time most people read this tomorrow there will only be four left. Fatigue has hit me full force this week. Yesterday and today I was awake for maybe 4 or 5 hours all day, the dogs have been napping with me as well. So there's not much to report because I haven't been awake to do anything! My neck is getting pretty rough looking. The left side is hanging in there but the right side looks like it's about to pack up its bags and hit the road. It's really dark red and bordering on dark purple and I'm hoping it will hang in there and not crack or anything.




In other news, these crazy kids spent the weekend with us. We mostly just hung out around the house and went out to dinner (I only went once because I was not feeling well the first time they all went out). There was a lot of talk about my feeding tube, Hal is a nurse, and a lot of the babies she deals with have them, so I could actually respond to her questions about them. Kasey also spent a lot of time trying to convince me to shave my head, but I am happy to report I still have all the hair that I started out the weekend with (for the most part anyway). Anyway, it was nice to have them visit and spend some time with us. I'll let Warner write more about the weekend if he feels the need to.


Well, I'm going to get back in bed and get some sleep! Gotta rest up because Paula is coming to town!

4 comments:

Donna Griffin said...

Hey missy I sure am glued to your blog. My heart is going out to you and your awesome husband. I know right now it must seem like one minute to each other is another piece of sadness. But just remember that our joy is in him nooooooooooo matter what we are going through. My past three nights until the wee morning has been spending it with you and the race for that dang shirt.Hang in there. Hugs and Blessins, Donna Griffin

Anonymous said...

Good Morning,
Iwill confess that I was extremely worried about the absence of blogs that you were in such excruciating pain that you couldn't blog! Glad to hear you are sleeping and playing with friends! Last night at prayer meeting we all rejoiced that the next time we meet you will be THROUGH with radiation. Time has flown(it's very debatable that we were having fun!) We love you and are standing at the finish line and we can see you coming!!Can't wait to actually see you--hope it's soon.
Blessings,
YFA Joan

Anonymous said...

Continual prayer from Siloam Springs! We are counting down the treatments as well! Now, what kind of "tee" shirt are ya wanting? Glad the doggies are doing well. Hello to Warner! Hugs and prayers! Cindy McLean

Anonymous said...

hey steph!!! haven't been able to get on...i'm with aunt lily in columbia...she loves you and her prayers are with you ALL the time!!! (notice the caps???) mom loves you too

we missed you in NC you should see the pics i got...not nearly as good as what you would have gotten but oh well

love you both

love
♥anna♥