Friday, July 18, 2008

The Countdown's Getting Lower Every Day!

I feel the need to apologize for not updating very often here lately (especially for those of you who compulsively check, it's okay, you can admit it, we compulsively check for comments so we are right there with you!), but life has been, well, uneventful - if you can believe that. Basically all that is going on is this HUGE (and when I say HUGE - in all caps - you can bet your bottom dollar that it's huger than huge) countdown. Yeah, that's right, EIGHT MORE TREATMENT DAYS! Part of me does not want weekends anymore, seriously, I'd finish four days sooner, but I really really really need them. I've basically been sleeping like crazy this week. My daily schedule is, get up at 5am, leave at 530am to go to treatment, 6am treatment, 630am head home, 7am in bed, 1pm wake up, 2pm physical therapy, 3pm home and sit on the couch the rest of the day, 930 pm bedtime. Also, I have gotten REALLY (there go those caps again) red this week and it has kind of created a fade effect on my face. My neck is really red and is slowly fades upward into my face and right around my cheekbones my face is back to a normal color (I'll post pictures when I take some). Slightly amusing, slightly painful, but mostly it just makes me sweat - because the heat that this burn is capable of producing is ridiculous! My poor mother has had to deal with the house being on 70 most of the time, and as long as I keep the house on 70, I don't think she'll let me hear the end of it! That's okay, she gets me back when I go to her house and it's set on like 90 million, okay, 78 - sue me, I exaggerate a little sometimes.

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that we are still alive and counting down to the end of treatment. Our friends Kasey and Hal are coming in tonight and staying for the weekend, so we are looking forward to their arrival. My brother spent most of the day visiting / hanging out. We pretty much just watched tv all day and played Guitar Hero for a few minutes. Next weekend Paula will be home and then the next weekend Todd and Julie and their kiddo will be down visiting (that will be my first weekend after finishing treatments!). So if you want to come visit, book your weekend now, they're filling up fast! Kidding, you can visit whenever, you just might have to sleep with the dogs, which they're pretty cuddly so that may not be half bad.

8 comments:

The Frugal Muse said...

Wow- awesome that you're down to eight days left of treatment. That means a big party is coming to your house soon, I'm sure! I can't imagine how excited you must be to be finished. Hang in there.... you're getting so close!

Anonymous said...

I agree -Awesome! I am sure you are underplaying your physical discomfort--but the emotional euphoria is great! I am late to a conference on "Seeing Life from Heaven's View"--Thanks for the anecdotal evidence that it is possible to live like that! Love you both!
YFA Joan

Anonymous said...

In terms of percentage of all of the junk that you have already done compared with what is left, you are almost home! Easy for us to say, but hopefully, you can see the end and we are thankful for that for you.

Kerwin

Anonymous said...

I want to come visit!!! Just let me know where to go and when!

Donna Griffin said...

Hey Stephanie, I finally found your blog. My prayers are so surely with you and Warner. Both of you are such a godsend for all of us.I did see you in church last Sunday. All things considering, you looked great. I am in awe of the detailed blog. I think your dogs ears are precious. Hugs and Blessins, Donna Griffin

Sandie said...

I've been out of town for a bit, but I've caught up with the blogs now and I'm glad to hear everything is going at least as well as it can given what you're going through. You remain in my thoughts and prayers. Thrilling to hear only 8 more treatments. You're such a courageous young lady! And with such a good support system. Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph,

WOW, the treatments are almost over. YIPPEE! We can't wait to see you!

Todd & Julie

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

I admit it..... I'm one of those "compulsive" checkers!

Countdown sounds so good!!!

We're still praying for you at Sager Creek. Isn't it neat to know you have family (those in Christ) who are holding you up in prayer. And HE delights in answering.

We love you.

Diane (for our Sager Creek Family)