Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Scoped Again - The Story of My Life!

I could sit here and post about how I saw my favorite doctor in high heels today and I could gripe and complain about how she scoped my nose and gagged me a million times (I almost threw up too), but that it was all okay because she asked how our families were doing, compared Dr. Fields to Eeyore, said I looked good, and gave us hugs at the end! Or I could tell you all that I am 15 treatments, exactly three weeks, away from being finished, and that I'm so ready to be done!! OR I could tell you that I almost ate an entire can of chicken noodle soup, not pureed (it was quite salty tasting) and there was some full on noodle chewing going on because the ulcer on my tongue is slowly getting better. But I'm going to leave that at that and tell you that I have finally picked up my camera again and THAT is pretty exciting. I haven't really taken any pictures since before my surgery (my left arm was in the half cast and then it was too weak for a while and didn't have any range of motion, so Warner was acting as photographer in my place) but I'm back! Warner got me the coolest flowers yesterday for getting to the half-way point, so I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to get my camera out. So, just in case you were going to have nightmares about me having my nose scoped again (I might, it's a scary procedure, very invasive), I will share some pictures with you to make it all better!



This is my favorite of all the ones I took today.







These three are pretty much the same
I just couldn't decide which one I liked better.



Pretty, pretty flowers


This one is kind of grainy, but I thought it was pretty anyway.

Too many flower pictures?? This is the last one!
Now go have sweet dreams about flowers!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEE HAW!!! I am first!!! I guess we Bradley's are a bit competitive!!! Man, I am so surprised to see you blogging tonight, and YES the pics of flowers are wonderful! Also your hubbo is wonderful for getting you half way point flowers!!!!!! (Wish I had thought of that!) You know you think you are complaining when you write about all these procedures but for some reason I don't ever consider them as complaints! Just a fact of your life right now - you don't go on and on and on like I would!!!!!!! Just scientific data..............so, what did the infamous stiletto lady have to say today? You know I think she hung the moon! Anyway you two wonderful children that are 23 and 25, I love you both and I know God has His hand touching you both - LUF MIL/Mom/sksb

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos Stephanie! Pink is my fave color so loved all of them. Rained alot today so kinda cooled off a bit.Have a good night's rest and pleasant dreams! Cindy from Arkansas

Anonymous said...

Hey!

those picturs are so beautiful!

and im sure im not the only one that is positively ecstatic about your healing ulcer and half-way-point-celebration!!!

love you both!
♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

Ditto to all comments! I love your approach to life and am constantly telling your story to other people--sometimes cause I know they will be encouraged in their own walk in faith and sometimes with the ulterior motive of wanting them to stop complaining and thinking their life is hard. You and warner are the definition of peace in the midst of the storm. I know our heavenly father is so pleased with you and honored and glorified by you. Keep it up--finish strong! I love you both,YFA Joan

Kasey said...

I think I like the last one of the three that are same, if you were wondering (doubt it). Haha.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, You are a real trooper. Not many people could handle what you have handled like you handled it. Your comments are not taken as complaints and if they were, you have every right to complain. Keep on going, before you know it you will be done. Next time your in Luling, let us know if you are up to it.
Were praying for you.
Love, The Dancer's

The Frugal Muse said...

Congrats on the half-way mark! And the flowers are beautiful... love the first pic.

I love seeing God continue to give you and Warner the grace you need for every day. I know that God is using this experience to make you into two even more beautiful people.

Anonymous said...

I understand you and mom are going shopping tomorrow! Have a great day and enjoy all the wonderful things life has to offer!
Your doing great and this will soon be over.
I went to lunch with a friend today and we see each other about every two weeks. The next time we do lunch, you'll be done with radiation and on the mend.
Hope to see you this weekend either here or in Gonzales.
Not much else to say except I love you and am looking forward to spending time with you and having a few adventures in the great outdoors.

Love
Dad

PS The dogs haven't been too bad and have taken to the staking in the front yard pretty well!