Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth of July!



Happy Fourth of July! Warner and I celebrated by going to my parents house on Thursday evening for the community fireworks at the Bridge Park and then we spent the night at my parents house. It was good to get out for the evening but I was beat by the end of the night (we got home around 10:30). We slept in this morning, at least I did, Warner kind of did - but hey, anything is better than 5 am.


I'm pretty sure I have thrush in my mouth, and I'll have to wait until Monday for my doctor's appointments to find out. If so, I'm hoping it will explain the foul taste in my mouth. Also, most of the left side of my tongue is an ulcer, and this is making eating very, very hard. I have some mouthwash numbing stuff to put on there, but it doesn't last long enough and wears off after a few bites of food. Also, everything burns the ulcer if it touches it. I think overall, this has been the most frustrating part, because apart from the ulcer and bad taste I am feeling fairly well (and unfortunately, I want to eat to get that taste out of my mouth, but eating is a pretty complicated process right now, it's one of those vicious cycles!). The only vomiting / nausea trouble I'm having right now is when I get gagged (by the foul taste!) usually when I'm trying to rinse my mouth out. So, for now, I'm stuck in the middle of all these vicious cycles; hopefully Monday will bring some answers!


In other news, I had three stitches come out of my tongue today! No more poking me in the top of my mouth! (two came out after I threw up this evening - I gagged myself while trying to rinse out my mouth!!!! Yeah, pathetic I know. I have a weak stomach).


My parents offered to keep our dogs until Tuesday (at least mom offered to keep them, dad offered to stake them up out front until we got back). We will hopefully go out there on Sunday to spend the day with my parents, but I'm sure Warner will enjoy not having to wake up early and take care of the mutts for a few days.


Okay. I'll stop complaining! Things are going pretty well and I'm glad I have a three day weekend. Also, on Tuesday I will be half way through! Hope you all had a great Fourth!

4 comments:

Paula said...

I just googled thrush and it looks nasty! But if you have it does that mean you're not losing your taste buds as much as you though you were?

Miss you! I used the word ingest in regular conversation last night and Margeaux called me a dork. Does that make me a dork?

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Nystatin will help that thrush so be sure to call dr ASAP. Glad you had a good 4th and glad your dogs are well. Tell Warner hello and to hang in there too! Enjoy your weekend and family. Love from Arkansas! Cindy McLean

Anonymous said...

Hey You Two! MIL/Mom/sksb here - for those of you that might not get oit I returned to Il Thurs after spending the night with the Owcarz's and the fur - kids! What a great time I had in Gonzales - learning how to make panckes was especially enlightening! Steph, you may think you are complaining but it really doesn't sound like it....AND you never complained while I was there! I agree with Diane,c all the Doc asap and get some meds prescribed to my my favorite Walgreens! No sense in putting up with it when your mouth hurts so much already.........I miss you both

Mark Sitton said...

Thanks for showing me your blog steph, I'll keep up for sure. I admire your persistance and consistancy! I've got some Aloe if ya need it ;)