Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Second Anniversary!!!

ACK! Warner, being the most amazing guy on this planet gave me a Macbook Pro for our anniversary! Me, being the scum on the bottom of our shower has not even bought a card for him yet! YIKES! My mom offered to go pick one up at the store for me, but that somehow felt like cheating! Ya know what is so cool about this computer? The keyboard lights up, IT LIGHTS UP!! How cool is that? 


Ah, in other news, I guess you all want to hear about cancer, right? Monday was my last chemo! Woohoo! I got a certificate that all the nurses signed and I have to bring it back to have Dr. Bienvenu sign it as well because he was on vacation on Monday. I had to get stuck twice for my blood work but the got my IV on the first shot! I snoozed a little bit and then bid the chemo room goodbye, hopefully for forever. 

Tomorrow is my last day on the Tomo machine for radiation. Which means it will be the last time my neck gets radiated, EVER. Which is good because it is blistering and oozing and is nasty. It doesn't hurt too much except when it gets dry, or during radiation when I have that wretched mask and neck bolus on (and it's dry because I can't have anything on my skin during treatment). My thrush is back full force, like you would not believe. It's on my tongue really bad and just plain water burns like the dickens. So basically I can drink like three sips of water at a time if I use lidocaine first (it only lasts like 5 minutes). So I have a really dry mouth and throat since I can't drink much water / liquid, which I'm sure doesn't help the thrush situation and it definitely doesn't help the mucus in my throat and mouth issue. 


Anyway, my Thursday treatment is only treating my tongue so my neck is done (did I mention that already, because I'm really excited about that). It's on a different machine that spins around you while you are laying there. I have different techs also. My favorite tech has been there all this week which has made it more bearable. I've had a lot of gagging problems this week while laying on the table because of my mucus. Today, Tuesday, was better than Monday because on Monday I threw up all my meds on my way out the door to treatment (I gagged on my mucus, it happens A LOT). We'll see how tomorrow goes. I had to get x-rayed on the new machine today to get set up for Thursday - it went okay I guess. 


Last night my Paula shaped hole in my heart was filled, ever so briefly! Paula came back to town (I don't remember why, but the important part was she was here) and she came to Gonzales to hang out with me! Unfortunately I can't really talk because of the ulcers / thrush so it was a quiet evening on my part, but she was here. Now she is at the beach so Louisiana is sad once again. 
 

So, today I went out to Luling for a little while and brought the dogs. They got stuck outside for a few minutes and it starting pouring down raining! So, what do the two punks do instead of running for cover or to the back door to come in? They run around and play in the rain like the insane little monsters they are. THEN, after it stops raining they conned my brother into letting them outside AGAIN and they proceeded to dig in the mud and get covered and run around the living room once they were let in! 


So, now I'm going to go spend some time with Warner seeing as it is our anniversary and all! Now I need to hurry up and get better so we can actually celebrate our anniversary! I'll post pictures and such later on, I don't have anything on this computer yet!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph,

Loved seeing you today.
Happy anniversary!
We are soo ready for this to be over!

Love you so much!

Dad

Anonymous said...

I love the dog story. Sounds like two little kids!!! So happy you are almost done with treatment. Are you using nystatin swish for your thrush?Also we use a "magic mouthwash" here for mouth ulcers. Tell Warner HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hugs from Arkansas. Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yeah for MacBooks!!! I'm so excited for you, I'm a big fan. Yeah for no more neck treatments!! Happy 2 Anniversary...I can't believe it's been 2 years since that summer! Miss you guys lots! :)

Donna Griffin said...

Stephanie, I am sooooooooo happy for you that it is just about finished for you with all this pain. I will pray for your mouth, so you can hopefully soon have a dr. Pepper. Happy anniversary to you and Warner. Donna Griffin

Diane said...

Stephanie,

You keep making me laugh. You and Warner must have so much fun together.
Can't wait to hear those words...
DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED!

We keep praying for you.
Talked with Nancy tonight. She's praying for you, too!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Diane (for Dale, too)
:-)

dawn w. said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited you're almost done!!!

Hope the week continues to be so exciting and wonderfully eventful. :)

Dawn W.

Laura said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! And Happy-end-of-chemo!

Anonymous said...

Happy second anniversary to you both!I am so glad tomorrow finishes the radiation ! You really are a TROOPER!(and so is Warner) We are anxiously awaiting your scans!Love to you both,
YFA Joan

Anonymous said...

good morning.........Do you know how happy we are?????? ALMOST OVER!!!!! Is the new Mac everything youo want? Hope so!!!!!!! Warner was SOOOOOOO EXCITED about his surprise for you!!!!!!!! BTW: Ashbo let Merrill buy her Anniv card last night for Brad!!!!!!!!! She too knew it was wrong, but she had no other options! (She made me say that!) Now let's hear all about the HEALING process and hope your sores heal promptly!!!!!! We love you soooo much! MIL/Mom/sksb

The Frugal Muse said...

Happy, happy, happy anniversary!

1. You are now officially the coolest, and Warner now officially wins the Husband of the Year award for giving you a MacBook. Awesome!

2. I'm sure you haven't thought about this much, but let me just take this opportunity to remind you: YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED!!

3. So glad you guys are married!! Your anniversary reminds me about how gracious God is to give you each other so that you can walk through these hard times *together*. I know he is using all this to make you into awesome individuals and a great couple who will have a great impact for Him in years to come!!

Anonymous said...

woo hoo you're almostdone!!!
one more treatment then you can have your life back

and i know that this is rated on the important scale like negative100

but anyways im number 11 which is two number 1 !!!! yay

lol ;)

love ya

anna