Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day 2 And It's Glowing Great!

In case you were wondering how things were going look how great I'm looking!!!!!!





Ha, my brother sent this to me today with the comment, "i snuck in and snapped a pic after your treatment yesterday. u can barely notice the the phosphoric aura... i just hope the smell goes away." I laughed so hard! This picture was actually taken before my first surgery. So, if you need a photographer or some photoshop work done, his name is Charlie, and I can hook ya up.


Day two is done, 30 more to go. I found out I will have to have blood work done twice a week now. Which means more needle sticks in my poor stubborn and tired veins on my right arm. They hate sticking me because they can only do my right arm, because of the surgery on my left and the lack of a vein and artery there. So they have a really hard time putting in IVs and finding a good spot for blood work. I'm already getting pink on my head and neck and chest from the radiation, gotta love being pasty white! Other than that I was nauseous again this morning, but once I got back to sleep for a few hours after treatment, I felt much better. Sleeping is hard because my wrist is no longer splinted, so I have to find a way to support it at night so it doesn't bend too much or get rolled on, and my leg makes it hard to move around with while trying to keep it from touching anything. Oh well, at least I'm on my way to being declared cancer free!


I got flowers from my amazing husband today. The note said, " I didn't send you get well flowers, I sent you stay awesome flowers." See, I told you he was amazing!

7 comments:

Paula said...

if they ever remake the wizard of oz, you're a stand in for the wicked witch of the west...

Diane said...

Oh Stephanie.... your husband IS amazing!!!
And that picture's got to win a prize!!!
:-)

WOW! You're going through a lot right now, especially those needle sticks. I'll be praying about all of it.
Do you know what a delight you and Warner are? Even through tough times, you brighten our days because of your sweet attitude and your dependence upon the Lord. God is pleased when His children believe Him, and you're showing us all how it's done.

Praying that the next 30 days will bring about joys (in the midst of trial) that only HE can provide!!!

In Jesus' love,
Diane
:-)
P.S. I saw that you were enjoying Vicki's hair cutting party, too!!!

Anonymous said...

charlie is one creative guy! I LOVE the pic. I LOVE you guys too. I cried as I read Warner's flower card to Chris!!!!

Marie

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I got your name from Vicki's website. I am putting your name with Vicki's on the top of my prayer journal! Hang in there and I know God will hold you as you go thru therapy. Cindy McLean

Anonymous said...

Yes he truly is an amzing husband but you too are an amazing wife Steph - you two are each others soul mates - God made a great match! And, Charlie is a wizard at photo ops! LOve MIL/MOM/SKSB

Anonymous said...

can't help but love your sense of humor! I think of you when I listen to the 3rd song on the Getty CD-you ARE allowing the "treasures of the trial " to form within you as you go! I salute you both! I, too love Warner's card on the flowers and I rejoice in Wilbros response to your situation!Love to you both
YFA Joan

gordon said...

Ok, i'll give props to warner for the flowers, but really from the looks of that picture he might need to brush those teeth a little more often.