Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Here's To Gaining Weight!

I went to see Dr. Pou yesterday – I think I like her so much because she’s so sassy and confident – it’s nice to be around someone like that during all this. I will be seeing a lot of her over the next few years. I go again in 3 weeks, and then once a month for a year, then every two months for a year, and then every 3 months for a year, and then every six months after that. She cut some stitches out of my tongue so it feels a little more normal now that I don’t have the stitches poking my mouth. I still can’t try and eat anything until I go to speech therapy tomorrow (Thursday). I am anxiously waiting the moment I can sit down and spill half my food down my shirt while I eat through my mouth.


We had a radiation scare the other day. They had called and said I would go in Friday for a trial run, and then possibly start radiation on Monday – at 3 weeks after surgery (instead of the 4-6 they had originally said). Dr. Pou quickly nixed that idea at our appointment because I need to heal more – but she said I’m looking good. Plus, I’m having surgery on Monday. They are going to talk about everything tonight at their meeting anyway. That’s right, on Wednesday nights all kinds of doctors and medical professionals talk about me, I’m quite famous. Okay, they don’t talk just about me, but I do come up, for like 5 minutes at least.


Warner also got to step foot in Best Buy yesterday. We went to look at movies on our way home from our apartment. I sensed him drooling on the way home as we passed by, so I offered to stop. He didn’t get to look at video games because I was too tired but we did make it through the movies section and we picked up a couple.


We are waiting for the food we ordered to show up, so for now I’m eating chocolate ensure through my tube. But don’t get too excited. It’s not like I can taste it or anything. It just goes straight to my belly. Occasionally I do burp and taste it, but that’s usually just the not good tasting Glucerna stuff.


Oh and I have to gain 5 pounds, so think fat for me – I’m already eating 2400 calories a day and sitting on my butt all day long, so I’m doing my part! So, if I don’t gain 5 pounds, I’ll know you didn’t think fat enough for me!!! (I only lost 2 pounds in the hospital!!!)


Oh well, now you are up to date!

6 comments:

Laura said...

I'm praying for weight to stick to you!

Anonymous said...

MIL/MOM Never in my life has anyone asked me to gain weight!!!!! (ok Maybe when I was 5!) Here's praying that you will gain that weight soon......bet it would be god to weigh even more than that eh? Love Yall

Diane said...

Stephanie, you're so much fun to read. And we see God's loving care over you. We're praying, and I'll send out an update so that our Prayer Partners will be praying specifically about Monday's surgery.

I see your comments on Vicki's blog. God has a reason that you're both going through this at the same time. He uses you to encourage one another. NEAT! God is just so good!!!

Ps. 18:30 (NKJV) "...as for God, His way is PERFECT!!!"

Anonymous said...

Best Buy ptui! You should have gone to Cabela"s!
Hoping every day is better then the day before.
Miss you and looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Love
Dad

gordon said...

You really are famous, you got people in cabot checking on you every day. If warner is wanting to check out some new games then that must mean he is finally getting over that beat down i gave him the last time we played ncaa, thats good news.

Daphne said...

Hey Steph,

You are a great writer and I love reading your updates. We will be praying for your weight gain & upcoming sugery.

Keep up the good spirit.

Daphne