Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yawn

Apparently I’ve been slacking on updating the blog – when your father- in- law starts calling you out, you know you’re slacking, but hey, it’s been pretty uneventful around here!


There has been a changing of the guards around these parts. My mom is sneaking off to a family reunion in Texas this weekend, and Mrs. Susan is holding down the fort in her place.


I am eight treatments in, which means, twenty four more left. My mouth is starting to get dry, but it’s manageable right now with water (which is actually quite helpful because I HAVE to drink a half gallon of water every day, so you can imagine how frequent bathroom trips have become). My neck is red, but not too bad yet. I’m loading it up with the aquaphor in hopes that it won’t crack or get too bad.


Physical Therapy is going well. My grip strength in my left hand is up to five pounds and now that I’m feeling better this week, I’m working out some with weights (like 3 pounds and 5 pounds). My favorite part is having my neck massaged and stretched, it’s heavenly! (for now since I’m not burned too badly yet).


That is really all I’ve got for now - maybe you can beg Warner to make up some exciting news so you all have something entertaining to read. I’m ready to get up off the couch more, but only once I’ve had a long morning nap. Oh well! I’m going to go watch some more tv!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yeah......thats right im the first to comment!!!!
lol ;)
anyways im happy that your left arm and hand are getting better
so go you!!!
lol ;)
ily♥

Laura said...

That's all good news! And we're continuing in prayer...

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Haven't heard how Edgar is doing in a well. Bet he misses you! It is probably really boring but just think only 22 more treatments. You are over 25% done! YIPPEE. Still prayin' for you in Siloam Springs! Cindy McLean

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Haven't heard how Edgar is doing in a while. Bet he misses you! It is probably really boring but just think only 22 more treatments. You are over 25% done! YIPPEE. Still prayin' for you in Siloam Springs! Cindy McLean

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

We're still here, still reading your blog, and still praying for you. Glad to read that you're having some better days.

You are loved,
Diane (for Dale, too)

Anonymous said...

Am loving being here and trying to help....I actually got to squirt warm water in her tube yesterday! Of course I was very slow, but......dogs are enjoying their walks that Candy started and I'm continuing....Edgar enjoys licking his image on the mirrored closet doors!!! I think he thinks it's another dog......Ruekie just watches as if his little brother is a nut case! Ok the best news - Steph actually ate some chicken and broccoli (SP?) last night!!!! And her left arm is healing sooooo fast we have been unable to play checkers on it!!!!!! She is amazing as is her husband (thank you Anna for letting me use your word!).............MIL/Mom/sksb

Vicki Dees said...

Stephanie,

At our elder meeting this morning, we took time to pray for both you and Warner. You both are loved by so many at Sager. We are blessed to be able to keep up with your progress on your blog.

Vicki has had such compassion for your nausea and vomiting. We hope you continue to have relieve from that.

Kerwin (and Vicki)

Anonymous said...

Get that canasta game going! Love to you both,
YFA Joan

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Still slackin' on the blogs!!!:):) LOL Just wanted you to know I shared at worked today about your incredible journey. I feel like I know you personally! Well, at least thru the internet and the Dees family. Praying for a wonderful anti-nausea weekend. Love you from Arkansas.Cindy McLean