Saturday, June 14, 2008

Millions of Peaches

Just a quick post tonight. My swallowing is getting a lot better. I'm getting more consistent with swallowing when nothing is in my mouth (my lack of ability to do so has intrigued my therapist). With this improvement has come some brave experimenting in the form of peaches and french fries. That's right folks...SOLID FOOD! I ate three peaches and like five french fries - Warner was kind enough to share - he knew I wasn't going to eat them all! Now, it's still a little hard to move food around in my mouth with my tongue so I have to use my finger from time to time and drink a good bit of water to get the food down - only with the fries though, the peaches were surprisingly "easy" to eat!! So, my new milestone has me looking forward to and thinking about Thanksgiving dinner and hoping I won't regress too much with radiation and that my taste buds will have recovered by then! But for now I'lll rejoice about the french fries and peaches! Who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll try something else solid!!! Oh, and I got some love the other day and today in the form of Dr. Pepper freezy pops and Dublin Dr. Pepper (see a theme?). My poor tummy won't know what to do with all that caffeine.


I will have to post a picture of me trying to cheese smile because I crack up (seriously laugh out loud kind of cracking up) every time I think about how I look trying to. My right side of my lips and chin area don't work (yet, maybe it'll work eventually) so I look hilarious - it's been described as painful looking actually. I will leave you in anticipation of that moment when you gaze upon my beautiful face...and laugh, as I have many times.

1 comments:

Diane said...

Hi Stephanie,

We all love to see pictures. You are beautiful~!!!

BTW.... We never heard where the sore was that they took off. You said you have half a tongue. Was it on the side, the front???
If I'm getting too personal, just ignore this question. We're just thrilled that you can enjoy food and taste, and we will pray that the radiation won't take that blessing away from you.

Always know that many friends at Sager are praying for you.

In Jesus' love,
Diane
:-)