Sunday, June 1, 2008

*Notice* Uneventful Post Ahead!

Two uneventful days! Yippee!!! Tomorrow I get to go see Dr. Kaplan for my arm and I’m actually looking forward to it. I get to see a doctor and have them tell me how good (or bad) I am doing. Tuesday I go see Dr. Pou.

My dad came up Saturday afternoon and stayed overnight and most of today. I haven’t seen him for a few days, so it was good to have him around. I think he was on the verge of picking me up off the couch and carrying me to Cabelas. I think it drove him nuts to see me inactive – I mean, it drives me insane, but just taking a bath wears me out, and I don’t even bathe myself yet! I can’t lift my arms up too well, and I have that dang arm splint, cast, graft, thing. Maybe next weekend. I did sit on the floor with the dogs a little bit and play with them, which was fun!

Tomorrow is hair washing day. My mom washed it yesterday for me and it was so nice, but she didn’t have the energy to do it today, so tomorrow it is! YESSSSSS! Haha. Maybe I’ll even put on real clothes for my doc appointment so I look less pathetic. I wonder if my jeans still fit, the only weight I have lost this whole time is my arms and legs. They are scrawnier than before – if you can believe it!

Today is the first day that I got my daily requirements for calories – 2400. That’s from eating day and night. My stomach is slowly tolerating higher rates – except I’m starting to burp some, and it’s not pleasant!!!

Warner still continues to be an excellent nurse, he even changed the bandage over my neck from my trach tonight. My mom will be taking over tomorrow when Warner goes to work for a little bit. A job I’m sure she is anxiously awaiting! I guess I can't make my caregivers mad or else they will starve me to death!


Well, I just got untied from my feeding stuff, so I have two hours of only being attatched to one cord (at my arm), so I’m going to go enjoy it!!!!!!!! I shall start by sleeping laying flat for a little while!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

gordon said...

I continue to be amazed at your strength and courage at the battle that you continue to fight. You lift our hearts. Thank you

Candy said...

I figured out how to post! Bet you didnt think I could do it. MOM

Anonymous said...

Good morming! I can't wait to hear how the doc app't goes. I know the process of recovery is slow and tedious, but hyou really have little choice so hang in there! You will get energy back !!!! I remember Grandmother Bradley's surgeon telling her "This knife is one YEAR long". Hopefully soon Canasta will be the order of the day. I love you two- let me know if you want me to come stay a while!
YFA Joan