Sunday, June 29, 2008

Rogaine?

This weekend has been pretty uneventful – just hanging around the house, sleeping a lot. My taste is holding steady at pretty much nonexistent and water still tastes horrible. So I’m downing as much as I can, as fast as I can. My saliva is back to being thick and I occasionally gag on it which leads to throwing up, but it’s definitely not out of control – like when I was dehydrated.


Today Warner and I are watching natural disaster movies (10.5 and Asteroid so far) because they are my absolute favorite types of movies. I took a Geology class in college and all we did was watch natural disaster movies and pick them apart and make fun of them. Ah, it was wonderful and Warner loves to make fun of me for loving these movies (it doesn’t get any better than natural disaster movies, they are always on tv, and they cost like 5.00 at the store, and they have BAD acting, oh! And they usually involve nuclear warheads, seriously it’s a no lose situation).


In other news, the radiation hair loss has begun! ACK! I was rubbing Aquaphor on my neck and noticed my hands were covered in little neck hairs, no biggie really. THEN I was putting it further back on my neck, and there was actual hair on my hand! So I started running my fingers through my hair and more kept coming out and I had Warner look at the back of my head. Sure enough, I’m losing my hair! The good news is, I will only lose it in the radiation field and where the radiation beams exit my body. So, there are only two spots on the back on my head that are losing hair – so far (and my chemo shouldn’t make me lose my hair, so this should be the extent of it). So, Dawn and Paula can breathe a sigh of relief, no hair shaving party just yet. I’m not freaking out or anything; it’s just another side effect that I knew was only a matter of time.


So, in other news, Mrs. Susan was just freaking out because there had been a dead bug in her room that was no longer there. It finally dawned on her that both dogs slept in the room with her and one of them probably ate it. You can use your imagination for the reaction that took place at this revelation.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

first to comment again!!!!
i feel so special

and i know that this if from your last post but my mom has TOTALLY made pancakes before

just not by scratch

she even did a W for warner and an A for me

the A was a lot harder though

love you all

love

anna

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, I had to laugh at your blog! Glad you have such a great sense of humor! Have a good night tonight. Sweet dreams from Arkansas! Cindy McLean

Anonymous said...

but you got to go to Cabela's and got moose dishes didn't you.
best part of my four days off was seeing you tonight.
love dad

Kasey said...

I think you should totally shave your head anyways. We could be twinkie's even. And I swear Izzy fills up on bugs every time she goes outside, maybe that's why she hasn't been eating as much food.

Anonymous said...

I took that same class with Christy, Travis, and Drew.. I still pick them apart as well. My husband and I did the disaster movie marathon this weekend. Deep Impact, The Core, Day After Tommorrow, etc. He teases me too. :)
We're all thinking of you up here in NW Arkansas Steph, keep your spirits up.

Sarah

dawn w. said...

I don't know if rogaine will help??? I think you should look into the hair in a can that just sprays on. I think that would look much more natural and flattering. :)