Saturday, June 21, 2008

Welcome Back To Society Mrs. Bradley

the swelling is INSANE in my neck
and I really need a shower
and I have football player shoulders
but this is me at 5am on my first day of radiation!


Today my dad, brother, and Paula came up to visit (dad is spending the night). I had been craving pancakes for a few days and of course, it’s the only thing we did not have in the house. So, for lunch today, I disconnected from my pump (shhh…don’t tell my dietician) and went to Cracker Barrel. Yes, a RESTAURANT! I got a kids plate of pancakes, complete with two pancakes and a sausage patty. I ate probably a little over one pancake and a little over half the sausage. Our very observant waitress made the comment that I had obviously had better days and asked if I had just gotten out of the hospital. I said, yeah, something like that. Because the truth of the matter was yeah, I’ve had better days, but I was having one of the better days that I’ve had lately at that time. I was eating at a restaurant and not violently throwing up – it was a good day. After, I had enough energy to go to GAP and I got two new dresses and a tank top. To top the day off, I got to eat out at another restaurant for dinner – McCalisters – which I absolutely love! I ate almost half of my potato which is quite a bit at one time for me! So, WooHoo!


On a sad note, Warner is working a shut down tonight so I have to sleep in my bed alone tonight. I like the added security of him being right next to me. I guess the dogs will have to keep me company tonight!


In other news, I have a small stitch sticking out of the top of my tongue. The pesky little thing is driving me absolutely insane (all the other stitches are starting to bother me as well…dissolve already, okay???? Thanks.). Oh, we have pictures of my skin graft on my arm so, if you would like to see it, then let me know and I can email it to you! It's pretty insane!

14 comments:

Candy said...

It was a good day! It was nice having everyone together and getting out. And so very nice seeing you out and about. Nicer to get out for something other than Dr. and treatments. We will see what we can come up with tomorrow. MOM

Anonymous said...

I for one want to see the cheese grater arm. Send some pictures my way! :)
-Em

gordon said...

Thank you for taking the time to keep us updated, it makes us smile, most of the time, you even got a big "ahhhh" from debi when she saw your picture.Yea we. well maybe just me. would like a picture of the shark arm.

Anonymous said...

WHO HOO 2 meals out - wow oh wow - that really is monumental.....I am soooo impressed......God is good and Life is good!!!!!!!! Yes that does sound like a whole lot of food - especially the hard sausage! Your speech therapist ought to be happy with that! (who cares about the dietician ???!!!!) And feeling good enough to buy clothesa????? HOORAY! What are they - a size 2?????????? Emily - the pics are really great! Not yucky at all (i expected FAR WORSE!) Love you two, four, six...........see ya Weds morn Steph! MIL/MOM/sksb

dawn w. said...

I'd love to see the pictures. Send them my way!!!

It's great to hear that you're able to eat out. I'm very excited for you.

Love ya both and keeping you in my prayers.

Dawn W.

Laura said...

You look great! And praise God for the pancakes, sausage and potato staying with you!

Anonymous said...

Stephanie, Pancakes from the Cracker Barrel are YUMMY! and McAlister's,ah ,the ice tea is fabulous and the potatoes are huge! So glad you had a good day! Then to do a bit of shopping in between is great. Thank you God for giving Stephanie a day of "rest" from not being sick! Can you feel the love from Arkansas? Your friend Cindy McLean

Anonymous said...

I forgot...can you sned the pics of the "shark arm"?

beth landreth said...

We are really thinking about you and praying for you all the time, I just have so much trouble posting comments here. Of course I want to see the pix. I am so glad that the new nausea meds seem to be working better, but don't worry about the sleeping all the time. Don't you know that Grammy always says that sleep is the best way to heal - so enjoy it!
Grammy says to tell you that she is so proud of you both for your faith and outlook and spirits (UP)
and that she too is constantly thinking about and praying for you.
Ditto for Uncle Pete and I.
Love you,
YFA (of course) Beth

Anonymous said...

Any day spent with you is always better than a day away from you.
Glad we had this weekend together.
Really did my heart good to see you out eating and shopping. Your looking good!
Hope you enjoy the pork roll and the apple pie your mom's going to make.
Miss you and hope you have a great week.
Hope to see you Thursday if possible.
Love,
Dad

Laura said...

Wait - Beth, how can you and Joan BOTH be their "favorite aunt"? And why isn't Glen in the running? Hmmm?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to spend a good day eating out and shopping. It doesn't get much better than that!! We are praying for you and Warner. Keep looking up!
Would love to see the pictures.

Barbara (for Jim, too)

Vicki Dees said...

We are so glad to hear of your great day. It is also great to have family that loves you and that has come to support you. We think of you often. You must know that there are many in Siloam, including us, that are praying for you and Warner and that love both of you.

Kerwin and Vicki

Diane said...

Stephanie, I think you're beautiful. God gave you big beautiful dark eyes to match your beautiful heart. That's what I see.
And that swelling will go down, you'll get the best shower you ever took, and enjoy the biggest shopping spree you've ever gone on. It's just around the corner.

So glad for your "good day!" Many more to come!!!
Continually praying for you.
Diane (for Dale, too)
:-)